Mixed Dal Kabab | Indian Lentil Kebab

>>  Friday, February 24, 2012

For the second day of Kebabs, I have a mixed dal that ended up so wonderful. Since I am planning on attempting at all methods of cooking a kebab, today is a deep fried kabab and it works out perfectly fine as a starter. I am still fervently searching for new recipes rather than the usual but I have long since bookmarked some of them or at least have always wanted to make them. Will be making them for sure.

Days are really getting hectic with the exams coming up shortly. I am not sure how much of this week I can hold up. Can't believe a year has so quickly passed off and the kids will be going up to the next class. I guess each day is spent just worrying and hastily trying to manage that one forgets to live the moment. Well that reminds me that one must slow down and catch breath.

Boys school is planning on taking them for an excursion and that's the topic that's hot right now. It's almost a week to go and imagine they are already planning everything based on that. Konda was almost upset that she does not have something like that for herself though. Rather she tried hard not to sound affected.

Mixed Dal Kabab

Toor gram - 1/4 cup
Channa dal - 1/4 cup
Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Masoor dal- 1/4 cup
Onions, minced - 1 big
Gram Flour / Besan - for binding
Curry leaves
Cumin seeds
Green chilies - 2 medium
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
coriander leaves

How to make Mixed Dal Kabab

Wash and soak the dals for 2 -3 hrs. drain and grind into a semi smooth paste.

Mince the onions, finely chop green chillies, coriander leaves.

In a bowl, take the dal paste, add the onions, green chilies, salt and coriander leaves, curry leaves. Mix well. Slowly add the besan and bind to a dry mix.

Shape as cutlets.

Heat a pan with oil, deep fry each in batches.

On skewers, wash the skewers, press the dal mix around the skewers, cook over the hot coal till it's done on all sides.

The smoky smell gives an awesome taste to this Kebab.

Sending these for my Kebab Mela

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13


Suma Gandlur February 24, 2012 at 4:25 AM  

Why I am so sure that I would enjoy them? :)
I was clueless when you mentioned kebabs and was thinking only about skewered ones.

Rasi February 24, 2012 at 6:43 AM  

Reminded me of masala vada :).. love the small info about ur kids.. i can almost see them, growing up :))

Kalyani February 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM  

wonderful :) For a minute, I thought they were aama vadas :)

Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Valentine Fest – Served with Love
Event : Cook with Spices - Coriander

Suchi February 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

These kababs look mom used to make these and I still remember the taste...they taste as tasty as the meat ones...

Suja Manoj February 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM  

Healthy and tasty kababs,bookmarked.

Aarthi February 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM  

This looks totally delicious..I would love to try this..Bookmarked.


malini February 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM  

nice vadas.for a minute in my mind it was something else non veg but after it was very yummy.

sangee vijay February 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM  

wonderful recipe...they look so good!!
Spicy Treats
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights

Archana Vivek February 26, 2012 at 6:24 AM  

wow looks nice. as same as vadais

Preeti Garg February 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

Awesome.... my fav....lovin it

visit @my blog for my first event in ur free time :-)
Ongoing Event--Color n Sweet-HOLI FEST
Preeti's Kitchen Life

Rujuta February 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM  

Mixed dal kebabs sound extremely interesting...
Healthy and nutritious..
if one grills them instead of deep frying :))
Great recipe and the kebabs look absolutely yummy

Hemavathi Murari February 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM  

Superb recipe.

rekhas kitchen March 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Protein rich Kebab wow perfect....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP