badge


Grilled Cauliflower Masala | Grilled Gobi Masala | Step by Step Recipe

>>  Tuesday, February 28, 2012

For today's Kabab series I have a delicious Grilled Cauliflower Masala. Though I love cauliflower and always plan elaborately to cook different dishes come every winter. This year too, it was the same. The many push carts that are seen all over the city, tempted me to no end. The crop was really good this year, with the shops still selling some very good flowers. However as always something always comes up, that I end up not being able to attempt those recipes.

Then again I can't eat cauliflower as such, it always had to be served with rotis. The only one time I have ever ate cauliflower as whole must have been on my flight to SFA, The airlines served me baked cauliflower, it was all buttery and so well done. The typical cauliflower smell was not there and I actually liked it. It was a big chunk baked as such and since then I always wanted to try at home.

I know what I made didn't come close to that, still it was different and nice. The cauliflower didn't smell and it tasted good. I tried both grilling and baking. Both came out well. Only point to remember is to par boil the cauliflower, else while grilling it will not be fully cooked.




Grilled Cauliflower Masala

Ingredients Needed:
Cauliflower florets - 10
Thick Curds / Yogurt - 1cup
Garam masala powder - 3/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Rice flour - 2 tsp
Gram flour - 3 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter as required to grease on top.

How to grill Cauliflower Masala

Wash and clean the cauliflower, make sure you have thick floret stems for inserting through the skewers.

Wash and boil cauliflower florets in microwave for 6 -7 mins. Let it cool for a while.

Hung the curds to remove the whey.

In a bowl, take all the ingredients and mix in the masalas and make a thick marinade. Rub in the masalas and let it marinate for 30 mins.

Once done, insert the cauliflower into the skewers and grill them over flame.

I tried in baked, grilled in oven and direct stove top.

Notes:

Since the floret stems are thick you will have to make sure it's cooked at least partially, else it will remain uncooked.
Should marinate for at least 30 mins for the masalas to steep in.

Sending these for my Kebab Mela




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13


16 comments :

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi February 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM  

interesting use of cauliflower in a kabab!

Aarthi February 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM  

this looks yummy

vaishali sabnani February 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM  

Using rice flour in marination is a new option for me..n Valli the next time u roast on a gas stove..get a nice small roasting net..infact I too have to get one..may b when I buy I can click and tell you what I mean...that way you just place it on the net and turn the kebab as and when needed.

Vardhini February 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM  

Interesting grilled cauliflower Valli.

Vardhini
Event: Sweet Luv
Event: Strawberries

Archana February 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM  

Looks yummy. Will try your gas idea for mine.

The Pumpkin Farm February 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM  

my ingredients are same as urs but never ever ocurred that I could smoke them on gast stove, a must must try, what lovely colors

Aarthi February 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM  

lovely smoky gobi

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

Rujuta February 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM  

Srivalli,

Quick, easy & healthy recipe.. Thanks for sharing the recipe...
Lovely clicks and I always love your step by step presentation..

Suja Manoj February 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM  

Unique recipe..looks so yummy

Suma Gandlur February 29, 2012 at 1:34 AM  

Very interesting one!

Smitha February 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM  

I love grilled or roasted cauliflower..I can eat it in any form!...love these!

sangee vijay February 29, 2012 at 4:20 AM  

i often bake them...this smoked gobi looks so tempting...
Spicy Treats
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights

Chef Mireille February 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM  

never thought of grilling cauliflower in this way...great idea

rekhas kitchen March 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM  

Wow this is a great idea with cauliflower super recipe....
Padma.

Preeti Garg March 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM  

Awesome....

visit @my blog for my first event in ur free time :-)
Preeti
Ongoing Event--Color n Sweet-HOLI FEST
Preeti's Kitchen Life

Awesome....

visit @my blog for my first event in ur free time :-)
Preeti
Ongoing Event--Color n Sweet-HOLI FEST
Preeti's Kitchen Life

Shobha March 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM  

Gobhi looks like it is prepared in the tandoor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP