Bhutte ke hare Kabab | Corn and Spinach Kabab | Step by Step Recipe

For today it's again another kabab with corns and a healthy inclusion of Spinach. This is truly fits the Deceptively delicious category for kids as Konda loved this so much, however she normally loves Palak Paneer. So it wasn't a big deal for her, though it was with the boys. 

I made this both shallow fried and on grill. Both came out well. Of course shallow frying gives it's distinct taste while on grill, you get that smoky effect. I was so happy trying out this recipe as it is from a paper cutting that's almost 15 years old. I remember many years when I keep looking at those papers and wonder when I might ever try those recipes. I had filed up all those newspaper cutting into about 3 files, there are so many wonderful recipes with attractive pictures

I am glad this BM got me try those recipes.


Step by Step Picture Recipe.




Bhutte ke hare Kabab | Corn and Spinach Kabab

Ingredients Needed:

Corn - 1 cup boiled and crushed.
Spinach leaves - 15 leaves, blanched and made into paste
Potatoes - 1 medium
Green chillie paste - 3/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/ tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - handful
Mint leaves - handful
Corn Flour - 2 -3 tsp
Bread crumbs - 2 -3 tsp
Oil for shallow frying

How to make Bhutte Ke hare Kabab

Wash and microwave the corn kernels for 10 mins, drain and pulse to get a coarse paste.

Wash and blanch the spinach leaves and puree it along with some corn so that it's really smooth.

Microwave the potatoes for 6 mins, till it's soft, mash well after peeling the skin.

In a bowl, take all the ingredients and mix well. Shape them into oblong size and shallow fry them in oil.

Another method is to shape them on skewers and grill over flame for that smoky taste on the outer side.


Notes:

The original recipe calls for the mix to be roasted before deep frying. I didn't do that since all the ingredients were already cooked, also I shallow fried and grilled, which I felt were much better options.

Sending these for my Kebab Mela


 


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13

Labels: , , , , , , ,