Homemade Chocolate Recipe 3 | How to make Chocolate at home with Step by Step Recipe

>>  Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pin It

I had something ready for today but then I was so tempted to make those Chocolates I used to make during my college days. I remember saying I should check out the recipe and make them again. So when I got a day off middle of the week, what do you expect me to do. I went in search of the old recipe book, while flipping through the handwritten book I was hit with nostalgia on the number of times Amma and I would have sat with it and discussed recipes. The dairy has all hand written recipes that we have collected over years. There were infact three different recipes for homemade chocolates, I remember making with Milk powder and so selected this recipe.

I am sure I will always get another chance to try out the other two recipes.  This recipe again is very quick to make and you won't go wrong. I was so glad when Chinnu tasted a tiny bit and said he loves this.  I am sure one can't go wrong in making a dish following the recipe, but I realized I can. Instead of getting a sugar syrup, I was in haste to remove some impurities I found in the sugar and completely forgot about cooking the sugar to a thread consistency. Result was, I was chatting with Athamma and before I could even realize I poured the sugar into the milk powder. Anyway I rescued it by cooking it till I felt the consistency was right.
After setting it for over almost 24 hr, I think the chocolate is set in the correct texture. I made this on Thursday late evening and thought overnight refrigeration would be enough. But it took the entire day and this morning to get to the shape. If you followed the sugar thread method, I am sure it will come out quicker. Otherwise it will taste like a fudge.

Step by Step Pictures















Homemade Chocolate Recipe 3

Ingredients Needed:

Milk Powder - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 & 3/4 cups
Unsweetened Butter - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup

How to Make Chocolate

In a bowl, mix milk powder, cocoa powder.

Heat a thick bottom pan with sugar and water. Remove impurities if any. Continue cooking till you get a thick sugar syrup.

Then add the milk powder, cocoa powder mix and butter. Mix well and keep blending it till you find the sides leaving.

Have a greased aluminum foil coated square pan, pour the hot chocolate and tap on the floor for air to be removed

Refrigerate till done. It took me about 24 hrs for it to be set.


Note:

First time round I made the mistake of straining the sugar directly into the milk-cocoa powder mix and then cooking it. This will also work well. But best will be to get the sugar syrup well and then add the mix.

Sending this to:
Kavi, who is guest hosting Kid's Delight themed on Something Sweet and my own Chocolate Mela

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12


22 comments :

The Pumpkin Farm January 28, 2012 at 6:47 PM  

this is cool, good subtistute when we dont have chocolate of compound readily available, thanks for sharing this

Aarthi January 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM  

They Look Yummy

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Harini January 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM  

interesting..

Nalini's Kitchen January 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

Wow!!that's look really delicious and awesome...thanks for sharing the recipe dear...

Preeti Garg January 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM  

all love this

rekhas kitchen January 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM  

Thanks for the step by step Valli it's very healpfull.

rajani January 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

Making my mouth water!

Priya January 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM  

I know if i make them at home, i wont stop having them,well done Valli.

Anu January 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM  

WOW!! super delicious. Love the home made version

Usha January 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM  

Those are one cute little chocolate squares..

vaishali sabnani January 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

cool...love this absolutely wonderful!!...book marked!!

Kalyani January 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM  

bookmarking this .. will try.. simple and yummy one ..

Cool Lassi(e) January 30, 2012 at 4:12 AM  

Love the chocolate squares. Looks almost like a fudge! Yum!

Hemavathi Murari January 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

yummy recipe.

Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012

Gayathri Kumar January 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM  

Chocolates look absolutely inviting...

A Kamalika Krishmy January 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

Kids will love this choclate..

Suma Gandlur January 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM  

The squares look lovely. I have noted down many chocolate recipes during this BM. Must try them later.

Smitha January 31, 2012 at 9:09 AM  

They look yummy n very nicely made!! Looks tempting!

Athisaya Divya February 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

Bookmarked all your chocolate recipes Valli. Planning to try them before Valentine's day! Thanks for hosting the marathon Valli. It was great participating.

Raksha February 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

Now I know one place to visit where I can find chocolate recipes :)

Thanks Dear for posting such recipes.

Rani May 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM  

why do you insist on greased aluminium foil at the end ,why can't I use normal greased tray/greased plate for pouring in the chocolate?

Srivalli May 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM  

Rani, The greased foil is to enable us to handle the chocolates easily. We can simply peel the paper off, whereas with a plate or tray, it will still get struck to the plate and it may loose the shape. I found it easy with foil. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP