Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Yogurt and Brown sugar | Step by Step Recipe

>>  Thursday, January 19, 2012

For day 4 of BM, I thought a simple chocolate chip cookie will be best as I already had too much of chocolate based cookies. I know there is nothing like too much of chocolate still for a variety I thought this should be fine. I was taking this for my nephew and nieces. When I first baked it was soft to chew and after couple of days it turned out crispy and crunchy to bite.

During our last BM, I was so taken in by Gayathri's Cookies that I wanted to try them myself. I modified a bit to suit what I had on hand. As always she gives such wonderful step by step recipe that it works great to for anybody. I also had some pictures of cookies that I wanted to recreate and I tried out with this recipe, I know these didn't look so fetching as those, still I was happy with the way the pictures turned out.

We liked the fact that these were chewy and had that crunchy taste of sugar granules. And biting into those melted chocolate chunks and chips was a delight.

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Yogurt and Brown Sugar.


All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
White Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
Curds / Yogurt 2 tsp 
Vanilla Essence few drops
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks 7 pieces, chopped into smaller bits.
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup

How to Bake Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sieve the flour along with baking soda and a pinch of salt.

In a bowl, take the butter and sugars and cream together well till it peaks.
Next add the vanilla essence, curds and beat until creamy.

Then add the flour to the butter mixture and fold in well.

Next add the chocolate chunks and chips and mix well.

Refrigerate for 30 mins.Preheat oven to 185C.

Once done, remove the dough and make lemon sized balls out of the dough and place 2" apart on a greased baking tray.

Flatten each ball with a fork.

Bake for 20 minutes. Look out for browning at the bottom of the cookie.

Remove and let it cool on the tray.

Store in airtight jar and serve with milk. It made a wonderful combination.


If you want to use buttermilk, then 2 tsp of curds and 2 tbsp water to get 1/3 cup.
The dough will be soft, so if you refrigerate it will be easy to handle. Even then the cookies tend to spread and become thin.
Sending this to:
Kavi, who is guest hosting Kid's Delight themed on Something Sweet
To Vardhini's Bake Fest, hosted by Pradnya this month
and my own Chocolate Mela

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12


Hemavathi Murari January 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

Super cookies. Nice texture.
Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012

Mélange January 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM  

Super nice cookies Valli.The pictures make me drool.

Priya January 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

Yum yum,super scrumptious and quite addictive cookies..

veena krishnakumar January 19, 2012 at 5:54 PM  

Valli, dont tempt us with these chocolate recipes. My daughter will find the way to your place:-)

The Pumpkin Farm January 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM  

they look awesome, must try, dont have choco chips handy at the moment, but when i get, i will do all your cookies in batches, i love this choco series

vaishali sabnani January 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM  

Tell me how can we diet with all these sinful treats being posted?,,,really unfair..Valli u..m ..mmmm...they look killing!!

Harini January 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM  

good one! the only chocolate my older one would eat is in these choc chip cookies !!

Aarthi January 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM  

This recipe is so good...Mouthwatering Dear..


divya January 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM  

Mouthwatering here, wat a terrific and super tempting cookies..

Suma Gandlur January 20, 2012 at 1:08 AM  

They have come out good Valli.

Alpana January 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM  

Choco chip cookies.........yumooooooo

Teena Mary January 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM  

Sounds great! I'm sure it tasted great too! Hoping to see your recipes for my ''Valentine's Day Event'' :)

Smitha January 20, 2012 at 3:50 AM  

very good recipe!...who doesn't like choco chip cookies!

Radhs January 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

Hi Valli.
Ur BM is jus gr8and waiting for the chocolate mela round up.Can you tell me where o get these chocolate chips and semichocolate chunks.
As such i'm new to baking and your recipe collection are so useful for me.Keep it up!!!

Radhs January 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM  

Pls tell me where can i get chocolate chips and semichocolate chunks in chennai.As such i'm new to baking and ur blog is so useful for me.Keep it up!!!

Srivalli January 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM  

Thanks everybody!

Radhs Glad you like the series. I got the semi sweet chunks from US but you can get the choco chips from Nilgiris super market. They also have cooking chocolate, so you can use those instead.

rekhas kitchen January 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM  

cookies with curd interesting Valli and they looks so crisp yummm...

Archana January 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

yummy yummy

Vanamala Hebbar January 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM  

Looks tasty yummm

Cool Lassi(e) January 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM  

The cookies look so moist and inviting! I am thinking it is because of the addition of Yogurt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP