If you ever thought one can never make that crumbly, fluffy, soft, melt in the mouth cake version eggless, then you should just try this recipe! Just imagine, I must have tried so many combinations, so many different measurements. Finally I have the perfect measurement to get the perfect taste. Seriously!
I again wanted to see the different recipes that I have written over the many years of my recipe collection, I came across this recipe. I was actually looking for the Chocolate recipe that I was talking about. It was in Amma's old dairy, I went and browsed through it and later went through my own collection. I was amazed at the number of chocolate recipes I have stored. I thank all of those invisible recipe creators..:)..my eternal gratitude to them!
As always I tried with just a cup of flour and ended up with perfect small serving brownies.
Eggless Brownies
Ingredients Needed:
Maida - 1 cup
Icing sugar - 3/4 cup
Cocoa - 1/4 cup
Milk - 5 tbsp
Melted butter - 5 tbsp
Curds - 6 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Soda bicarb - 1/2 tsp
Salt a pinch
Dusting:
Icing Sugar
Chocolate Syrup for glace.
Preparation:
Prep small serving baking tin for baking. I greased with melted butter and dusted with icing Sugar. When you dust with flour you will have the flour taste on the outer side. so dusting with sugar makes it better.
Pre heat the oven at 230 C, then bake the brownie at 230 C for 10 mins, then at 185 for 2 -3 mins.
How to make Eggless Brownies
Sieve maida, cocoa, soda & baking powder in a bowl.
MW the butter to melt. Beat the curds to get uniform consistency.
Add all the wet ingredients to the flour and mix well with a spatula, making sure there are no lumps
Pour into the greased tins.
Bake 230 deg C for 10 mins, then reduce to 185 Deg C for 2 -3 mins.
Pour the syrup over the warm brownie and dust with sugar.
Notes:
Baking in the small tins, I felt if we bake in a bigger tray, it may not come out with the same porous texture.
If you like you can add chopped nuts to the batter.
Check out the
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12