Butter Cookies | Eggless Butter Biscuits

We are starting the second group of Blogging Marathon. I was so confused on what to make, both Dals and Paneer were a major attraction. But I settled for Something Sweet for kids, seeing how much they enjoyed the chocolate overdose. Of course I am planning not to make another whole set of chocolate dishes and though my kids are not so high on sweets, they do like some of them. At least one of them likes something, all three love only one dish in common and that's chocolate.

This week of Blogging Marathon is going to be very interesting and hectic as it's about 27 bloggers doing this group.

I know when I was going to take Sweets for Kids, I shouldn't end up doing only chocolate recipes, even though that gets completed fast. These dishes are different and those that Konda liked eating. So basically it will be what she likes and not my boys like. I know I will have to make some chocolate based dishes for them soon.

When I baked those different cookies for my nephew and nieces, I wanted to make sure there were enough varieties for them to enjoy. I had made the regular Butter Biscuits, Chocolate Butter Biscuits, plus I tried changing the recipe a bit and landed with a different texture that was very tasty. It was the basic recipe, just twisted a bit and added differently.





Chocolate Butter Cookies, Bakery Biscuits

Butter Biscuits in Microwave Convection Oven
Makes - 20 small ones

All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Icing Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanaspati / Vegetable Shortening - 50 gms
Butter - 4 tbsp
Chocolate Chip for each

Method to prepare:

In a bowl, shift the flour with icing sugar well. 

Melt the shortening and butter. Then slowly mix into the flour. 

Pre heat the oven at 185 deg C.

Keep kneading in the dough and continue till you get a dough that is soft yet stays in shape. Pinch out small balls and press between your palms to form a small circles. Press a chocolate chip on each of the cookie. 

Bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 185 Deg C. These will spread, so make sure you leave space when placing the balls.

After 15 minutes, you can let it rest for few minutes inside the oven. Then remove and allow it to cool before storing it in an air tight container.


Sending this to:
Kavi, who is guest hosting Kid's Delight themed on Something Sweet
To Vardhini's Bake Fest, hosted by Pradnya this month

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 12

Labels: , , ,