Paratha with leftover dal | Cooking with leftovers | Step by Step Recipes

>>  Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pin It

I wish all my readers a great Deepavali / Diwali!

Check out my Deepavali treats that we made.

For today's Marathon post, it was a simple paratha with Masoor dal. Konda had it for her breakfast and liked it a lot.

Parathas are always a great hit with kids. You can use anything that's leftover and mix into the atta to make parathas. These are ideal dishes for packing for kid's lunch box. I normally make with aloo, paneer, dal etc. You can just about add anything to the flour and make parathaas. Serve with curds and pickle. My daughter prefers this to other lunch boxes.









I used Masoor ki Dal

Take wheat flour, add the dal. You will need to add extra chili powder, salt and cumin powder as the dal will be bland when you use it later.

Knead to a stiff dough.

Heat a tawa. Roll out as parathas. Since kids like small rotis, I used a mold to cut out smaller parathas.

Cook on greased tawa on both sides and serve!


Sending this to Harini who is hosting Kid's Delight, themed on Dressing up Leftovers for Kids

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9


16 comments :

Archana October 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

Wow what a delicious paratha

Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Year!
I am hosting a new event which I am calling Back to our Roots. Do check out my event and send me your entries from 15/10/11 to 30/11/11.

The Pumpkin Farm October 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

i had some thing similar ages back at my aunt's place...thanks for reviving memories with this one for me..they look like a super cool idea

vaishali sabnani October 26, 2011 at 4:43 PM  

Valli even I use my daals this way..infact even veggies can be used..in a similar manner...look grt!!

Usha October 26, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

Paratha puffed up nicely on the tawa.. I would not mind that for breakfast right now.. :-)

Priya October 26, 2011 at 5:24 PM  

Nutritious paratha,looks excellent.

Harini October 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Good one. These make very good snacks too!

Mélange ! October 26, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

That's nice one.Nutrition packed.

Suma Gandlur October 27, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

Love these mess free rotis for kids' lunchboxes.

Amina Khaleel October 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

Wow.. healthy and delicious parathas... thanks for sharing..

Vardhini October 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

I make this .. nutritious.

Vardhini
Event: Halloween Fiesta

Kalyani October 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

healthy adn nutritious !


Kalyani
Join me in GFF - a 100-day Global Food Festival here
event ending 31st Oct: Strawberry desserts all this October

Cool Lassi(e) October 27, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

Nice lovely kid-friendly parathas!

divya October 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

looks so delicious and tempting...

Vanamala Hebbar October 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

simply very nice...

Smitha October 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

its a healthy lunch box item for the kids...love it!

PJ October 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

Very healthy parathas. I am sure just a bowl of curd is sufficient as a side dish..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP