Microwave Fried Moong Dal Snack | Easy and Quick Snacks for Kids

>>  Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pin It

I know I am very late for my own event. I was just procrastinating, nothing else. Plus the fact that I really wanted to make something different. But how different is this fried moong dal? Well it's healthy for one, and very tasty at the same time. Who says healthy and tasty food dont' go hand in hand!

Nutan, who has graciously accepted to host this month's MEC, themed on Tea Time Snack, must be upset with me surely, for not sending an entry much earlier on. I wanted to take these with the evening tea/coffee, never mind I hope Nutan will not say no to these.

So here comes these yummy moong dal fried in microwave completely.

Microwave Fried Moong Dal

Ingredients Needed:

Moong Dal - 1 cup

Salt to taste

Oil -1 tsp

Red chili powder per taste

How to make Fried Moong Dal Snack in Microwave

Wash and soak moong dal for 30 mins. Drain completely. Spread on a microwave safe plate, micro for 2 mins first, toss and again microwave for 1 min.


Mix in oil, salt and chili powder. Microwave again for 5 mins.


Allow to cool, it will turn very crispy.


Sending this to Nutan who is hosting the MEC: Tea Time Snack,. Hope you enjoy what comes out of this Edition!


7 comments :

Nutan September 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Wow! Valli awesome recipe. I am elated at the recipe and not the least bit upset that you are late. You are on time. Thanks for your entry.
Nutan

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. September 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM  

Yummy,crispy,healthy and home made snack with less oil.Luvly teatime snacks.Thanks for sharing.

Priya September 30, 2011 at 1:59 AM  

Crunchy munchy snacks..

Nithya September 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

This is one of my most favorite snack :) I used to add chopped onions, tomato and coriander to it and sprinkle some lemon juice and have it :) Yummm.. makes me want it right now.

divya September 30, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

omg...this is absolutely delicious..:)

Archana October 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

delicious. I am giving up buying this stuff from the packets.
I am hosting Fast Food not Fat Foot event. Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Smitha October 4, 2011 at 7:15 AM  

this is my fav. time pass snack!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP