badge


Coconut Groundnut Sesame Balls | Kobari Senega Ginjalu Nuvvulu Laddo

>>  Monday, May 9, 2011

Well the name got too long is what I finally thought for a laddo that was quite small and compact. I actually wanted to leave with the English name of this dish. But couldn't miss out the chance of expanding my knowledge of writing Telugu names for the ingredients I use. Laddos are quite frequent at our home, with us making a quick fix based on the need of the hour. These laddos were something I made first when I went for the bloggers meet some months ago. Even though we had the plans well fixed in advance, last minute work kept me from making what I had planned. So I asked Athamma what was the quickest sweet that I can take for my friends and she suggested I make this.

I wasn't sure how much my friends liked it. But Kamakshi wrote back asking me for the recipe, I was happy knowing they liked the laddos.
Today we start the Blogging Marathon Edition 5, which is going to happen for three weeks with about 13 bloggers doing each week. As you may have read we had some exciting themes this time too. I planned to make sweets for the first week. So stay tuned for the sweet attack.

How to make the laddos
Roast the ingredients separately and allow to cool.
Grind them to coarse or smooth texture according to your taste.
Roll them into small balls using your hand like this.
Get a perfect Laddo done in the end!

Coconut Groundnut Sesame Balls


Ingredients Needed:

Roasted Coconut, grated - 4 cups

roasted Groundnut, - 1 cup
Sesame - 1 cup
Jaggary - 2 cups
Cardomom pw - 5 pods
Ghee - 2 tsp


Method to prepare:


Roast coconut, groundnut and sesame separately, except cardamon


Allow to cool, once they are cool grind all the ingredients separately to coarse consistency


Pound the jaggary to powder. Finally mix everything together and add hot ghee. if you find the ingredients very coarse, pulse them together for them to get glued.


Using your palm, roll them into balls and press well so that they retain their shape.




Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Cool Lassi(e), Harini, Kalyani, Priya Mahadevan, Suma  
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Priya Suresh, Veena,  
Seven Days of Indian Sweets: Shylaja, Srivalli  
Seven Days of Regional Specials: Priya Yallapantula  
Under 15 mins Quick Breakfast:Aarthi, Vaishali

 


21 comments :

Champa May 9, 2011 at 4:34 AM  

These laddoos are interesting. I have heard of sesame laddoos but not the ones with coconut and peanuts.

Usha May 9, 2011 at 5:12 AM  

I am not a big fan of laddos but these look good. Also never tasted laddos made of sesame, coconut and peanuts. Interesting!

harini-jaya May 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM  

Very nutritious I must say..an ideal snack for kids :)
We somehow don't use black sesame for cooking.

Now Serving May 9, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

A healthy and yummy ladoo!

Suma Gandlur May 9, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

I make both peanut and sesame laddus adding coconut and jaggery but never combined both. This one looks interesting.

vaishali sabnani May 9, 2011 at 7:19 AM  

SUPER DUPER LADOOS!!...v healthy too..a must try:)

divya May 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM  

Just drooling over that delicious ladoo,simply inviting..

Aarthi May 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

i love ladoo's...This looks so healthy too..Will try this soon...

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) May 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

tempting n yummy...looks droooooooolworthy..happy mothers day to u dear...
sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Priya May 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Quite a new combo for me, simply looks marvellous..Delicious laddoos..

Vardhini May 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Never made ladoos before .. looks yummy .. got to try it out sometime.

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Divya.M May 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

lovely sesame balls... nice adding coconut to it... looks delicious

Mom Chef May 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

wow ! Ladoos with sesame seeds are new to me .. wouldnt mind tryign them out. I am sure for kids, they are a calcium-haven (what with jaggery and sesame seed combo here)

Kurinji May 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

Healthy ladooo. Addition of coconut with this is new to me. Thanks for sharing. Glad to follow u dear!
Kurinjikathambam, Event : HRH-Healthy Summer, Roundup : HRH-Puffed Rice

kaveri May 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Nutritious laddoos..

SouthIndianHome May 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

This is a totally new recipe.Healthy and delicious as well.Black sesame seeds are seldom used in Indian Cooking and this is definetly a wonderful recipe which makes use of it

South Indian Home

Srivalli May 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

Thank you friends for the feedback. It's surprising to hear some of you say that black sesame is not used in your kitchen. I have always known it being used at both my parent's place and in laws. In fact, Amma makes the laddoo and Modak stuffed with Sesame laddos as a mandatory offering for Ganesh Chavathi. Guess it changes with families. Very interesting to know that.

shooting star May 9, 2011 at 8:02 PM  

wow, this looks easy to make as per ur directions!!!

Krithi's Kitchen May 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

Fully packed with calcium, protein and iron... love this...
http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
Breakfast Club - Pancakes - Roundup

Cool Lassi(e) May 10, 2011 at 4:30 AM  

That looks like an insanely easy way to make laddo..why, even i can do it. Laddoo and masala tea sounds more like it!

veena krishnakumar May 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

wow!!!!!!!!!this is an excellent combo. will surely try this out:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP