First Blog Anniversary with Kids Delight!

>>  Monday, September 14, 2009

Pin It

I really had this wish for a long time. The wish that I forget my own birthday. It hardly ever happened. But how could I forget my blog's birthday? Jeez that's really bad, especially one that I take so much time to create, its almost like I have nourished with so much care. And here I am, completely forgetting that its been a year since I started this space.

Everybody had this doubt on why I wanted to created another space. Why not talk about everything in there, but somehow I can only think about cooking and few related topics in my cooking 4 all seasons blog. I wanted to have a space where I could discuss parenting, about Kids and their activities and lot more. Unlike other time, I seriously thought through for the name and finally decided Spice your life meant everything for me. Be it Parenting, Health, Traditional Indian Cooking, or whatever, they get down to influence your life.

So on occasion of this Blog anniversary, I thought it's only apt that I celebrate this albeit being late, by having an event to run around the theme that's always on top of my mind.

This event is going to celebrate Kids and their likes. Kids run my life, quite literally, they colour our life in different hues. And what's more special than doing something for them, by them and celebrating it.



Photo Credits: MS Clip Art Library

So with that I announce Kids Delight, an event to focus on Kids.

By that I mean:

Dishes that are liked and eaten by Kids. The age limit is no bar, the kids can be yours, your niece/nephew or even neighbor's. It can be any course of meal.

Art work done by Kids/ Done for kids. Like Dolls, paper or otherwise. Meaning practically anything that a kid does and enjoys. I hope you get the draft. This can be online or hand done, everything basically.

Entries can be multiple and should be sent to spicingyourlife@gmail.com. Please note the email and send to this account. Should reach me by 15th Oct 2009.

Please link back to this announcement and send me a mail with the following details

Subject: Kids Delight

Your Name
Link URL
Picture.

And yes you can use the logo created for the event!

Hoping you will all join me in this celebration!


29 comments :

Vidhya September 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

alright Valli... thats awesome. Count me in. I have few craft work done by my twins and few dishes they like to eat...

Happy cook September 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Love the event and I am in for sure.

roma September 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Congrats on completing one year on this blog! Wishing you many more years of happy blogging.

Vani September 14, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

congrats on the anniv, valli! wishes for many, many more! pray tell me why you would like to forget your own birthday?! Will try to participate in your event. Take care!

shanthi September 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Nice event Srivalli. Have a nice time with this event.

Sanghi September 15, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Wow..! That's a good news srivalli..! Congrats dear for your blog anniversary! May your journey continue for long long!:) Lovely event to celebrate kids! Will send some entries..!

Priya Narasimhan September 15, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

congratulations for the blog anniversary Srivalli..Shall surely participate in the event.

AvanthiRao September 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Congratulations on First Anniversary......

Uma September 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Happy birthday to Spice your life! wishing many more such b'days in future :)

This is a nice event srivalli! I will ask my daughter to send you an entry. She has a blog of her own.

jayasree September 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Congrats Valli and wishing u many more happy years of blogging.

Sara's Corner September 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Hi Srivalli, Nice event. Happy first anniversary. count me in

Curry Leaf September 15, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Congrats Valli,great job you are doing.Keep it up

A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine September 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Congrats and keep rocking.

vidhas September 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Congrats on your blog anniversery. Nice event. count me in!!!!

Pari September 15, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Congrats and count me in.

Jhanani September 16, 2009 at 1:59 AM  

Congratz Valli. It's so nice of you to include Kid's craft works along with this event. Cheers.

Srivalli September 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Thank you everybody for the lovely wishes. This wouldn't have been possible if not for all the support I get!..

Vani, heheh..it was something very silly, growing up some misguide notion was if you forget your own birthday, then you are too studious or great, something in those lines..:)

Uma, that would be so lovely, looking fwd to your daughter's entry!

Jhanani Amma, if possible you can send too

Bhags September 19, 2009 at 1:31 AM  

Congrats Valli.
Wishing many more years of happy and fun blogging

Parita September 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

Hey Srivalli, have sent my entry!

Parita September 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Hi Srivalli, sent my second entry :)

Raje September 24, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

Hi
First time here, you have a lovely space and congratulations on blog anniversary! I would love to participate in your event and will send recipes soon. Checkout my blog when you have a chance

Ammu Madhu October 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

congrats..

nivedita October 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Hi
Congrats on your anniversary,
Just now I have sent my entry to you!!!
Waiting for the round up.

Ramya October 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Congrats on your blog anniversary!Love the event.

SE October 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Hi Sri,

Congratulations! on the anniversary. I am new to blogging and have sent in my entry!

munchcrunchandsuch October 9, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

hi srivalli, firt time at ur blog. and I have just mailed u one of my pasta recipe for this event.

Spice October 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Congratulations.....I have sent u my entry for the event.I'm just a begginner into this food blogging world...

shanthi October 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Did you receive my entry? Kindly acknowledge.

Cool Lassi(e) October 16, 2009 at 1:31 AM  

SriValli,
Congrats! I have sent you 3 entries for this event. Check my Blog when you get a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP