Activities for Kids ~ Doll Dresses!

>>  Saturday, December 27, 2008

I remembered my childhood days when I made dresses for my dolls and wanted to make them for my daughter. It was some months ago that I thought that I should do. But Konda's vacation got over and another one has also come. Now I thought I should surely make else the vacations would go waste without me not teaching her anything.

I finally came around making them for her Barbie dolls. Since almost a week she has been asking me. Every evening when I get back home, the first thing she asks me is to make those dresses. And every time I tell her Saturday! So I thought I will be able to make only if I take off a day and when morning came, She was ready with the question.

I finally sat down making these. Gosh I really wondered how I managed to make so many all those years ago!

Konda was patiently sitting with me, watching me cutting and hand stitching these. I even gave her a piece and asked her to complete. I still have some frocks and shirt in mind.

I had another type in mind, but taking a needle after almost many years, I was struggling to get going. This took me some 3 hours of labour! I guess most experts would get this done in 10 minutes time. But well I was happy remembering all those years back when I had made similar dresses and I was happy I could make these again for my daughter.

Justify Full
As I thought about not letting our kids experimenting with scissors, i think if you explain and show them how one should handle, they will do fine. I have overcome the fear that she might hurt herself.

As far as activities for girls, there is nothing more interesting than playing with Dolls. Will have to see what to plan when it comes to my boys!

Infact I showed her how to get the needle going. Anyway long way to go for us to learn each other!


meeso December 27, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

These are really great and creative... and also, unique!

Alka December 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

Wow ..u made me mom and we 3 sisters wud enjoy this Summer vacation hobby,dressing up our dolls,and playing with them with plastic or stainless steel toy kitchen sets,office sets etc.We even used to dress our dolls in saree(ofcourse with some jugmug rectangular cloth wrapped and pinned up as saree and even organize DOLL MARRIAGES ,with all the kids pooling some food like ragda,pattise,bread,bhel,sherbet etc for kids of the neighborhood and sort or buffet was organized(with help of some enthusiastic parents) amongst some ,songs and dances ,games and was so wonderful..does konda actually plays that way??it must be surely amusing for u then....i miss my son being that way :-(

pooja December 28, 2008 at 4:15 AM  

I remembered my childhood days by seeing your doll dresses.Great work.They are looking so pretty.

vidhas December 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

Wow!! Valli that is a great job. Very creative idea and very cute. This is very good idea to keep them occupied. I will also follow this summer vaccation.

bee December 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

those are really pretty.

PG December 31, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

these look better than those you can buy i feel. great job! I'm sure she loved them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP